Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We're just about finished with the product line.....

It's been a busy year for us, and we're just about where we want to be on our product offerings. When I left Orpheus, I didn't want to carry anything over, and with the exception of the Saxgourmet Saxello (which was just too good to change) we have replaced everything. That's right: all new and improved products and accessories. We ncouldn't have done it without your support, and Sharon and I are most grateful for your business.

We've got a full line of saxophones now, and unlike other makers, there are significant differences in all of them. In North America, we offer the Voodoo Rex alto and tenor; the Super 400 alto and tenor; the Category Five tenor; the Saxgourmet Saxello; the Saxgourmet baritone, the Saxgourmet curved soprano, and soon, the Saxgourmet sopranino. We've got a protoype coming of a super exotic baritone, but I don't know if it will see production since it's going to be pretty expensive and I'm not sure that market is there. However, I wanted one for myself, so there will be at least one! We also offer an additional model in Europe, and it may eventually find its way to this side of the pond in one form or another.

Our mouthpieces have been a grreat success for us, and we've just expanded the line up. For alto, we now offer the Saxgourmet hard rubber, the Fat Boy, the Voodoo Child, the Black Magic, and the Model 80. For tenor, we've got the Blues Blaster, the Fat Boy, the Florida, the Yellow Moon, the Super Duck, the Big Black Mambo, and the Handmade. The Low Rider baritone has been a best seller, and we also offer a Saxgourmet metal piece for both soprano and sopranino.

I am happiest about the success of our necks. Necks are really a passion with me, and we've offered some products quite unlike anything ever seen before, and they have sold like hotcakes! The Saxgourmet tenor neck (that's the one with the nodal weights and built in neck enhancer) will soon be joined by an alto version. We got our first shipment of our new solid silver (not plated, but solid silver) alto necks last week, and the tenor versions are right behind them. We're thinking about a baritone and soprano version of the solid silver necks, but there are so many different sizes I'm undecided at p;resent as to how to proceed. The solid copper necks have been big sellers. I think we're offering more different necks than anybody in the business. And they are all our original and unique designs. I got talked into getting into the neck case business, and I now admit I was wrong about my belief that nobody wanted them! Of course, our famous and totally unique neck enhancers simply fly out of here.

We've got a few more accessory projects we're working on, including a line of very ergonomic neckstraps, some great cases, and much improved key clamps. We'll keep you posted about these items as they become available.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I'm lovin' my Saxgourmet Voodoo Rex Alto Saxophone.
    Lookin' forward to the Tenor arriving!
    Patrick "patchmo" Shaffer
    patchmo@ymail.com
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to comment on my posts. HOWEVER, be advised that all comments are moderated, and that I won't allow any comments that do not contain your real name and a verifiable email address. Please do not waste my time and yours with comments you know I will not allow.