Friday, August 7, 2009

New Mouthpiece Models!


In case you think I haven’t been busy, today I ordered production of several new models I’ve been working on for a while. We’re selling our mouthpieces in pretty big numbers now, and I felt we needed a couple of additional models to fill out the line. The new models, available September 1, are shown in the picture below. These are my working models, so they bear the scratches and scars of my experiments! This is what prototypes look like. They play great, but I gotta admit they’re pretty ugly!
They are, left to right:
FAT BOY ALTO: A companion to our best selling Fat Boy tenor piece. Bell metal brass, high cliff baffle with a bit of rollover, big chamber
VOODOO CHILD ALTO: Bright and loud, extended window, super narrow rails, high long cliff baffle, big chamber, hard rubber
BIG BLACK MAMBO TENOR: Hard rubber, high cliff baffle, huge chamber. This one really projects without being too thin sounding
YELLOW MOON TENOR: High baffle, big chamber, duckbill beak, very thin rails, tapered transition into the chamber. Really nice player!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on my posts. HOWEVER, be advised that all comments are moderated, and that I won't allow any comments that do not contain your real name and a verifiable email address. Please do not waste my time and yours with comments you know I will not allow.