Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Category Five Revisions





My designs always evolve. If we can think a way to make it better, we do so on the next production run. This is the case with the latest run of Category Five tenors. We’ve done a few things to an already fantastic horn. Among the changes are:

A speaker key on the upper stack
Significant revisions to the neck design, with addition of nodal weights
Solid silver neck is now standard
Larger feet for the upper stack keys
Low C# key guard
More hand cut engraving….I found some blank spots!

All the other innovations such as the four vent octave system and the altissimo key remain. The retail price has increased to $13,000. This shipment should clear customs in the next day or so, and is COMPLETELY sold out! We are taking orders for the next load, which should be available in early 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on my posts. HOWEVER, be advised that all comments are moderated, and that I won't allow any comments that do not contain your real name and a verifiable email address. Please do not waste my time and yours with comments you know I will not allow.