Sunday, June 28, 2009

At Last! The Mouthpiece Refacing video!

We're almost done with the editing of our new mouthpiece refacing instructional video. This is the third in the series of videos we have produced In the interest of sharing the skills of the craft. I belive there is probably more misunderstanding and misinformation about mouthpieces than any other aspect of saxophone playing, and hopefully this video will take some of the mystery away.

My goal in this video is to show you how to do basic refacing and improvement of your mouthpiece. Sadly, the level of workmanship found on most mouthpieces sold today is not as high as it should be, and I show you how to make your mouthpiece play better. Of course, if you're inclined to experiment, I show you how to make some modifications to change (for the better, of course) the way your mouthpiece plays.

Every effort was made to show you how to use very basic tools and materials. All the techniques described are clearly illustrated by our professional video crew (this is NOT a homemade video!!!) so you can clearly see what I am trying to teach you.

I am currently writing a booklet which will accompany each video. This booklet gives sample measurements and a good bit of technical reference material.

We anticipate having our new video available for sale in about a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on my posts. HOWEVER, be advised that all comments are moderated, and that I won't allow any comments that do not contain your real name and a verifiable email address. Please do not waste my time and yours with comments you know I will not allow.