Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nashville NAMM Show Report

Sharon and I had a great time in Nashville (I'm still there at the time of this writing) and it was our most successful NAMM show yet. It's always great to see all our friends in the music trades, especially those who make the effort to come from so far away.

We accomplished what we set out to do here at this show: we ordered the first round of prototypes for the Saxgourmet Sopranino, we ordered the first production run of the Saxgourmet Curved Soprano (delivery in about 45 days), made arrangements for a promotional tour of Asia to introduce our products to the retail community there; and met with some folks iterested in making a film about the design and manufacturing process for our saxophones (starring moi, of course!).

We saw lots of interesting products, including some very nice mouthpieces. We also signed up a new vendor to manufacture our solid silver necks. These necks will be available for soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone and will be of the VERY highest quality. We'll be manufacturing them for ALL the major brands.

We didn't see a lot of new saxophones on display at the show, but a number of our good friends from Asia has some interesting things with them for private showings in their hotel rooms.

We brought a Voodoo Rex and a Category Five and introduced these horns to some of our "inner circle".

Nashville is a GREAT place for a convention like NAMM. We have lots of friends involved in the music industry here, and look forward to returning soon. Sharon bought a good bit of way too funky western wear at the boutiques, we had some really outstanding meals (who would have equated Nashville with fine dining?) and I sharpened my appreciation for the fine Tennessee Whiskey. It's been a great trip, and I'll be back in the office Thursday, after I celebrate my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on my posts. HOWEVER, be advised that all comments are moderated, and that I won't allow any comments that do not contain your real name and a verifiable email address. Please do not waste my time and yours with comments you know I will not allow.