Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back by Popular Demand


As you regular readers know, we completely redesigned all the saxophone models last year when I severed my relationship with Orpheus Music. All the horns (and mouthpieces, necks, and most accessories) are all new. Nothing was carried over. Until now.

I'm going to bow to pressure from my customers and distributors and we're going to make another run of the Saxgourmet Saxello. This horn was a big seller, and I hate to say it but the design was damn near perfect.

The Saxgourmet Saxello is very unique among sopranos: the bell (more about the bell design later) is solid silver, as are both the necks. Keywork is to high G, the pads are black kangaroo leather Saxgourmets with solid brass Noyeks, the pearls are deep water abalone, it's hand engraved on the bell, bell flare, body, and necks, and the finish on the body and keywork is bright copper plate. The bell and necks are silver, not plated, but SOLID sterling silver!

I always liked the saxello shape for a soprano. The angle of the bell keeps you playing right into the microphone, and not into the floor. When I was designing this model, we came up with a VERY unique (found on no other horn) bell flare. The bell is also the very biggest found on ANY soprano, and this makes the horn really projects!

This production run may or may not be the last of these. We've already sold four to customers who had requested them, and we're sending a few over to our distributor in the UK, where it was always popular.

If you want one, let me know. $3500 FOB New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment on my posts. HOWEVER, be advised that all comments are moderated, and that I won't allow any comments that do not contain your real name and a verifiable email address. Please do not waste my time and yours with comments you know I will not allow.